What is AirDropBox?
AirDropBox is the latest development in the simple air delivery of supplies for Humanitarian aid. It is designed to be as cost effective and simple to use as possible and cause minimal environmental impact.
The AirDropBox is a complete aerial delivery system incorporating a load container suspended below a parachute. Each system features a self contained shock mitigation structure to ensure the safety and integrity of even the most delicate of loads.
AirDropBox is supplied in a simple to use modular format that allows for a variety of configurations & loads. It requires no additional equipment, tools, specialist skills or knowledge to assemble. Thanks to a pre-packed and rigged parachute each system can be prepared for flight by anyone in under 6 minutes!
A huge array of aircraft can deploy the AirDropBox without the need for mechanical modifications to the aircraft or lengthy crew training.
AirDropBox is constructed from biodegradable materials. Therefore 91.4% of the total system is biodegradable including the parachute.
The AirDropBox provides material protection, low cost, and a safe delivery. The design and operating parameters are as simple as possible to enable the widest use.
AirDropBox Sizes and Payloads
The system is available in four main sizes and and water resistant materials to offer all weather capability.
Features and Benefits of AirDropBox
- Fits UN pallet and logistics standards
- Available in a full range of sizes and payloads
- Pre-assembled parachutes which therefore require no re-working or packing
- Suitable for a large range of aircraft including light aircraft and rotary wing
- Superior load integrity due to internal impact damping
- Biodegradable to EU standards hence environmentally friendly
- Very low cost in comparison to traditional methods
- Safe and easy to deploy
- Promotes localisation by allowing the utilisation of unskilled labour to assemble on site
- Assembled, loaded and prepared for flight in under 5 mins
- Prices for a full delivery system start from £80.00 + VAT*